robots identify victims within re-created disaster scenarios, varying in complexity from line-following on a flat surface to negotiating paths through obstacles on uneven terrain
Since RoboCupJunior embraces teamwork and collaboration among team members, a team should have more than one member to form a RoboCupJunior team to participate in the International event.
A team member(s) and/or robot(s) cannot be shared between teams.
Maximum team size is 5 members for ALL Junior leagues for RoboCupJunior Nagoya, 2017.
Minimum age is 11 RoboCupJunior Nagoya, 2017. This means: all members of a primary team have to be between 11 to 14 year old; members of a secondary team has to be between 15 to 19 year old. If a team has mixed ages (i.e. both primary and secondary aged members), they will be allowed to compete in Secondary. Age as on 1st July in the year of the competition.
The plan is to bring the minimum age to the international events to 14 year-old by 2019.
2017 (Japan) - 11 year-old
2018 (TBA) - TBA
2019 (Australia) - 14 year-old
This rule applies to the international events ONLY.
Every team member need to carry out a technical role for the team (robot design and construction, sensors and actuators, programming, etc.), this should be identified at the registration. The actual categories will be announced before the registration opens. In addition, each member is expected to explain his/her technical role and should be able to answer any questions at the technical judging.
Robots are not allowed to use any kind of communication during game play unless the communication between two robots is via bluetooth class 2 or class 3 (range shorter than 20 meters) or via ZigBee. Teams are responsible for their communication. The availability of frequencies cannot be guaranteed.
- ***NEW! Rescue Line rules - Draft (2017)
- ***NEW! Rescue Maze rules - Draft (2017)
- ***NEW! Rescue Maze Rescue Kit Suggestion(2017)
- Rescue Line rules(2016)
- Rescue Line SuperTeam rules(2016)
- Rescue Maze rules(2016)
- Rescue Maze SuperTeam rules(2016)
- Rescue Line and Maze Rule Clarification(2015)
- Rescue Line (former A) rules(2015)
- Rescue Line (former A) SuperTeam rules(2015)
- Rescue Maze (former B) rules(2015)
- Rescue Maze (former B) SuperTeam rules(2015)
- Rescue A rules(2014)
- Rescue A SuperTeam rules(2014)
- Rescue B rules(2014)
- Rescue B SuperTeam rules(2014)
- Rescue A & B Description of Materials Template (2014)
- Rescue A & B Engineering Journal Template (2014)
- Rescue A rules(2013)
- Rescue A Score Sheet Template(2013)
- Rescue A SuperTeam rules(2013)
- Rescue B rules(2013)
- Rescue B Score Sheet Template(2013)
- Rescue B SuperTeam rules(2013)
- ***NEW! CoSpace rescue rules(2013)
- rescue A rules (2012)
rescue B rules (2012)
- rescue CoSpace rules (2012)
rescue CoSpace SuperTeam rules (2012)
- rescue A rules (2011)
rescue B rules (2011)
Rescue Arena suggested building instruction (updated 28-jan-2011)
- rescue CoSpace rules (2011)
rescue CoSpace resource download(2011)
Rules from 2010 and before